Community Engagement Curriculum
At The Children's Center of Austin, we strive to not only teach fun ways to learn academically and socially, we also incorporate charity within our monthly curriculum. It allows us the opportunity to demonstrate the value of serving our community.
Benefits from implementing this curriculum at CCOA:
- Teaches empathy and other virtues
- Creates conversation for young leaders
- Offers hands-on learning that is lasting
- Will make direct impact in our community
- Demonstrates that children of any age can make a difference
- Creates ideas for teachers to share positivity
- Satisfies parents' desire to teach their children the meaning of giving back
What to Expect:
- Charity Links Coordinator to assist with ideas around our CCOA monthly themes
- Donation drives
- Nonprofit speakers visit the schools to share their mission with the children
- Pre-K field trips to local nonprofits
- And MORE!
What is Charity Links?
Charity Links is Austin's outsourced volunteer coordinator founded by Haley Meyer. Charity Links provides personalized ideas to match any business needs through volunteering to make a direct impact to various nonprofit partners.