Preschool for Toddlers and Infants
The Children’s Center of Austin takes pride in providing the highest standard of quality childcare and a low child-to-staff ratio in Austin, Texas.
Our focus is on whole child learning with our curriculum and teaching methods centered on 5 learning domains:
- Social Development
- Emotional Development
- Gross & Motor Skills
- Cognitive Development
- Language Development
We take many steps to ensure the environment at The Children’s Center of Austin is safe and healthy at all times. Our unique facility is specially designed to stimulate your child and offer an assortment of quality learning activities, with separate classrooms and fun creative areas for art, gym, library, STEM, and iPad labs.
Parents are always welcome at The Children’s Center of Austin. We have an open-door policy for parents and invite you to join us for special events and parties throughout the year.
At The Children’s Center of Austin, we believe communication with parents is a part of every child’s success. We will keep you up-to-date with monthly calendars, newsletters, pictures, and daily reports. Daily reports and pictures are sent via Preschool2me.
Each of our specialty programs is designed with age appropriate activities focusing on the developmental abilities of the child. Our tailored curriculum is designed with your child’s success in mind. An overview of our programs is presented below.
Your infant will thrive in our safe, attentive, and nurturing Infant Day Care Program. We follow your schedules for feedings and sleep, and our staff creates daily reports about nap times, meals, and diaper changes to communicate with you and keep you informed.
Our caring staff also spends time with your child reading, playing, and working on language, cognitive, sensory, and motor skills. Weather permitting, your child will also take an outside tour via stroller.
We’re proud that we’ve earned the trust of parents who appreciate the time their infants spend with us. Learn more about our Austin infant program by calling the school nearest you today.
Infant & Toddler
The infant & toddler curriculum is often minimized in early educations. We believe it is paramount to the success of early learning. At this age, a child develops at a fast rate and their development is as specific as their own fingerprints. Our curriculum focuses on the following:
- • Cognitive Development: seen, for example, when a two-month-old realizes they have hands and that their hands can grasp and manipulate items in their environment.
- • Social and Emotional Development: observed in young children when they first learn to smile, wave hello/goodbye, or respond to a familiar voice or the sound of their name.
- • Speech and Language Development: displayed in the use of their first words and later in development of learning to use words correctly through verbal and sign language.
- • Fine Motor Development: focuses on a child’s small muscle development. For example, learning to manipulate their hands and fingers.
- • Gross Motor Development: focuses on a child's large muscle development. For example, learning to sit on their own or lifting their neck up.
Our curriculum is designed to stimulate learning and promote social skills, mixed in with a whole lot of fun!
Infants and toddlers love the time they spend at The Children’s Center of Austin, and parents feel at ease knowing their children are in caring hands. Contact us today to schedule a tour or stop by any of our three Austin locations
Our early preschool curriculum is an extensive program that caters to the delicate development of two-year-olds. The curriculum focuses on the necessary skill sets needed to function properly as part of a classroom community such as:
- • Language Development: letter recognition, sound production
- • Math Concepts: number recognition, counting, spatial awareness, shape recognition
- • Science: sensory, environment, how things grow, comparing opposites (warm vs. cold)
- • Social Studies: community, being part of a group, holidays, multicultural learning
- • STEM: science, technology, engineering (Lego-building), math
In addition to an extensive, competitive, and unique curriculum, your child will also be given the opportunity to explore and learn as an individual. The teacher creates multiple learning domains in the classroom that promote social and emotional development. Our teachers are trained and experienced in the teaching and caretaking of these unique and precious early preschoolers.
- • Can compare two objects
- • Can list multiple steps in a process
- • Express a whole range of emotion
- • Wide variety of gross motor skills
- • Can grasp a pencil/crayon/marker
- • Can draw/color
- • Can name body parts
- • Can arrange items into categories
A preschooler is entering a new world of social and emotional experiences. A solid preschool program should resemble a well-rounded classroom incorporating multiple curriculums with areas to learn through play.
A preschool student’s day includes:
- • Language
- • Math Concepts
- • Handwriting with our Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum
- • STEM
- • Social Studies
- • Community Awareness
- • Monthly Virtues
- • Use socially acceptable behavior when interacting with peers
- • Learn to regulate emotions
- • Express themselves verbally
- • Develop advanced language skills (complete sentences)
- • Compare and contrast ideas and concepts
- • Letter, number, color, and shape recognition
A good pre-kindergarten program should be well-rounded and multifaceted. Our pre-K program is uniquely exceptional, focusing on whole-child development.
We stimulate a specific course of development that challenges each child to learn through play and to think outside the box. The methodology instills in them a love of learning and a curiosity about the world around them. What we produce here at The Children’s Center of Austin reaches far beyond academic standards and strategically builds a curriculum for success.
- • Think outside the box
- • Explore diverse concepts
- • Engage in social and emotional experiences
- • Acquire pre-reading skills
- • Develop handwriting precision with our Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum
- • Understand various math concepts, including number recognition, counting, adding, subtracting, and graphing
For more information about our pre-school curriculum or to begin the enrollment process for your child, contact The Children’s Center of Austin by calling our office or contact us now.